Join Broken Rhythms Dance Company online for the premier of their newest work !!
To our audience old and new … We miss performing and connecting with you in person. This year had brought a lot of difficulty but also a lot of growth. We are excited to share with you our upcoming project online.
We will be streaming “Making Pi(e)” at 7pm on April 2,3,4 and we will be keeping the link available until 10pm each night. Links will be made available on this page (Broken Rhythms website) and on YouTube, Facebook and Instagram for you to enjoy from the location of your choosing (full show approximately 25 minutes long).
What do you get when you cross a cooking show, dance, numerical sequencing, a pandemic, online entertainment and neurological experimentation? ..Making Pi(e) is a new form of creation born out of confinement that will have a helpful “cooking” segment to encourage your own creativity and challenge ways of learning and knowing.
We are hoping to raise $3,000 with this production to help fund more works, continue to pay and support local artists and account for additional technical costs and loss of ticket sales. We are asking those who have the means to donate the price of a show ticket to donate through PayPal (button below) or E-transfer (email@example.com)
Other ways of supporting!!
- Share event,
- Like, Comment, Follow
- Dance at home on your own
- Let people know how important art is for the community
- Stay safe and wash your hands
Making PI(e) is supported by the CRD and BC Arts Council
Technical Residency provided by Intrepid Theater
In Kind Support Victoria Academy of Ballet, Rhythms & Soul and Raino Dance
Making Pi(e) creative team
- Dyana Sonik-Henderson Broken Rhythms Victoria Artistic/Executive Director (choreographer, concept developer, dancer, editor)
- Caleigh Hunter Company Dancer ( developer and dancer)
- Allison Rhodes Company Dancer (developer and dancer)
- Sadie Evans Company Dancer ( narrator, understudy and writer)
- Candace Bruce Company Dancer (understudy)
- Emma Dickerson (Lighting design)
- Austin Knill (videographer)
- Sara Peddle (assistant stage manager and costume consultant)
- Christina Plaschka (assistant stage manager and COVID safety officer)
- Matthew Graham ( director, project coordinator, editor)
- Hélène Cyr (Photography)