Is a Dancer or Great Mover on Your Holiday List this Year?
We wanted to do a special focus on local companies that support and donate to Broken Rhythms every year, while perhaps making unique suggestions for the dancer in all of us!
Toes ‘n’ Taps Dance Shoppe 1733 Cook St, Victoria
Full-service dance store. Locally owned and operated. Great supporters of our local dance and arts communities!
*Check hours on Facebook
- Bloch warm up booties for the always cold dancer
- Apolla Shocks for the dancer who can’t stop slipping in socks and gets stuck in bare feet
- A Tutu -Because everyone needs a tutu
- Plus multiple stocking stuffers like hair scrunchies and key chains
La Roux Patisserie 519 Fisgard St, Victoria
Baked goods, coffee and a selection of locally-made products. La Roux has been a continual supporter over the years and keeps us caffeinated during those long rehearsals.
- Gift card
- Baked treats bring for your Christmas parties
- Country Bee Honey
- Salt Spring Jam
When Broken Rhythms is in show time we always depend on Kodo Collection to get us through. A supporter from the beginning, these are must-haves for body repair and show preparation.
- GENKI Eucalyptus Shower Steam -For after class relaxation
- BREATHE Aromatherapy Roll on– For getting in the zone before a show
- BREATHE Vanilla Mint Mineral Bath Soak– For soaking those tired muscles
Cold Comfort Ice Cream Company 1115 N Park St #2
Nothing beats one of their ice cream sandwiches after a hot and sweaty rehearsal (or at any time really).
- Wooden Tokens– Perfect stocking stuffers that you trade back for Ice Cream
- Pint of ice cream– Dancers are known to have sensitive tummies. With Gluten free and Dairy free options you can find some ice cream for anyone.
- Gift Cards– Yes please! You can also an electronic gift card which means you can do your shopping from your break between dance classes.
Dance classes -Give the gift of Dance!!
We love, support and deeply admire our dance community. Broken Rhythms works out of Raino dance studio (716 Johnson St) and also receives donations from Rhythm & Soul and Victoria Academy of Ballet.
- Raino Dance For adults with multiple styles and levels to choose from: classes go for the full year and twelve week sessions. For beginner adult dancers – advanced.
- Rhythm & Soul For adults and kids with drop-in options, workshops and dance class punch cards.
- Victoria Academy of Ballet offers specialized dance instruction for children ages 2 through to professional level.
Last but not least…
Broken Rhythms Merch!!
- Boom Ha Bag restocked and ready for the dancer on the go
- Boom Ha Tee shirt
- Boom Ha Pullover (limited sizes left *please inquire)
- Broken Rhythms tanks (limited sizes *please inquire)
This dance list is not exhaustive and we encourage support for any and all locally-owned and operated stores and arts institutions. Check out our donor list 2022 and if you think we should add any dance-related items from these stores let us know!